I have no information right now about the possible delays, but I do have a bit of good news. I got a phone call from the USCIS (US Citizen and Immigration Service) the other day. They said that they have our I-800A application mostly approved, but they had a problem reading Mark's fingerprints. So, they want us to submit another copy of Mark's fingerprints. They said that as soon as they receive them, it will only take a day or two to process, and then they can send our approval to us. So Mark rushed over to get his fingerprints taken again on Friday afternoon, and we mailed them out yesterday.
Yes, it is a delay, but at least I know where our file stands right now. It is exciting at the same time because they said that we are APPROVED! We are just waiting on the official paperwork to make its way back to us. I had been waiting anxiously for it to come in the mail, but now I feel I can relax a little. There is still a good possibility that we may receive it back by the end of the year.
As far as our progress in getting our required psychological evaluation, we have been getting the run-around. Multiple people have been called, and so far we haven't found anyone to do it for us yet. I know it is being delayed for a reason, so we just have to keep at it until we can get it done. Who knows? Maybe it's part of our evaluation... let's see how crazy we can make them before they actually come in for an appointment! ;-)
Thank you all so much for praying. We feel your prayers. In my uneasiness, I still feel a supernatural peace about everything. Keep praying, and hopefully we will hear something soon from our agency!
Mark just linked me to your blog. I will enjoy praying for your journey. I have a special page in my prayer journal just for foster and adopting parents, so consider yourselves in! Sadie T.
ReplyDelete