We made it home after a long 7 weeks in Uganda!
We were there longer than we expected, but we had lots of good bonding time with baby E. He is such a cutie!
So, now we are settling into life as a family of three. And I am trying to get the whole parenting thing down. It's not easy, let me tell you!
But I love having E here with us now! He makes us smile everyday.
I'm going to post some stories from Uganda soon, as well as some thought-provoking posts maybe. I just need to get my head above the water first.
Life is different now, a lot less personal time, and I am pretty much surviving on coffee!

Welcome to parenting! Exhausting, yet exhilarating. Time consuming, yet they grown up in the blink of an eye. Heartbreaking yet so very rewarding. It is a perfect blend of irony but I would not trade it for the world. I did not start consuming coffee until our youngest was in his teens! I still love my sleep and enjoy naps and savor moments with each of my kids. Enjoy the journey, bumps, lumps, and all. Blog like crazy. I am so glad that I started writing things down many years ago and have tried to at least put a yearly summary. I hope my kids will enjoy it some day. It is well over 250 pages long! Love you guys and can't wait to meet the newest member of our family!
ReplyDeleteJamie, I'd love to read your book! :)
ReplyDeleteAlison, whenever a new baby comes into our home I give myself a year to feel "normal" again (although it is a new normal). Praying for you as you figure out your new normal and learn to treasure it as well. He is amazing. You are so blessed!
Look forward to continuing to follow along. ~Erin
Congrats Allison! I was just thinking, "I need to email her and see how things are going." I'm so glad to see you guys have made it back safely and are settling in. And, yes, parenting is the most exhausting, life-altering experience you could ever have. But, it's also the hugest blessing one could experience. In a few years, you'll look back and realize how precious the craziness can all be. I wouldn't trade it for anything now (and I have three five and under;), but it does take a little while to feel like you aren't just treading water. Now we go everywhere and do everything--just modified. :) Blessings to you guys!
ReplyDelete