Yesterday marked FOUR WEEKS home, or my boy's First Whole Month in the USA!
Time has flown by. It has felt very short, but at the same time very long. Arriving in Uganda seems like forever ago. In the last 2.5 months that E has been with us (most of it was in Uganda) he has grown and changed so much!
The tiny little boy we met on day one...
has become a chunky healthy active baby boy!
This is the power of love, family, good nutrition, and God's mighty power and work of grace! I love seeing the change in him!
Time has flown by. It has felt very short, but at the same time very long. Arriving in Uganda seems like forever ago. In the last 2.5 months that E has been with us (most of it was in Uganda) he has grown and changed so much!
The tiny little boy we met on day one...
has become a chunky healthy active baby boy!
This is the power of love, family, good nutrition, and God's mighty power and work of grace! I love seeing the change in him!
A few things have happened in the past four weeks. E has really learned to "crawl" and I mean, army crawl! Here he is when he was first learning (oh how excited we were!):
Now he crawls wherever he can!
He also started out being able to just stand at the coffee table, and was trying to figure out how to move around it.
Now he can run circles around the table!
He began trying to use his dinosaur as a walker, but was very scared of it at first and couldn't move very far: (please excuse the annoying Mommy voice!)
Now, he walks all over the house with it! He loves it so much and begs us everyday to walk with it. He has even taken it down the sidewalk going several houses down!
He walks wonderfully holding our hands, and we are trying to get him to walk with just one hand:
A couple more firsts for him: he is able to hold his sippy cup now and get himself a drink. He is not perfect at it yet, but he is learning.
He went to the annual Poppy Festival in town.
They had lots of booth with arts and crafts,
Food,
Camel rides.
It was his first time seeing an camel. (I think he liked it)
What else have we been up to?
Well, here is Mark pulling weeds in the yard, with E strapped to his back!
Such a cutie
And here I am doing some baking, while carrying E. I didn't want to get flour all over him, so the apron (which I got in Uganda, by the way) is on the outside!
He decided to become the newest member of the future military.
But he debated joining the future NFL, since draft day came up
Of course, he had to root for his favorite team... The Bears!
Then he changed his mind again and decided to stick with what he is best at, Drumming!
Our little Ugandan drummer
Lastly, he photo-bombed Mommy's photo of a rose in our yard. :-)
We have enjoyed his sense of humor and cute laughs. Sometime E and I crack each other up so much that I just can't do anything I am laughing so hard! We dance together, sing together, cook together, and take walks together. He is a wonderful son, and I am so happy to have him in our lives.
We are looking forward to all the new things to come in the next month!





So happy for your family - what a huge gift E is to your lives. So fun to see the culmination of a long journey and know the One who orchestrated it all before time began.
ReplyDelete